.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Fantasy Football Championship

For the third time in four years, I have made the championship game in my fantasy league. That's the good news. The bad news is, I have Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. They had to drop that fucking game didn't they? Well, this puts me in quite the quandry. Do I take a chance and see if they can put up numbers in one half, or do I turn to David Gerrard and "Well-Dressed" Amani Toomer? Seattle is in the bottom half in pass defense, so there is a real good chance that we could see a possible long touch down pass, and that alone would put me over the top. I think I need to go with Manning and Harrison. I also have Rudy Johnson, and he should run apeshit this weekend against Buffalo, who happens to have the worst run defense in the league. My second running back is a question mark, as Michael Bennett didn't excactly have his best game of the year, and he faces a Ravens defense that looks pretty fucking good tonight against the Pack. I picked up Aaron Stecker this week. He did have 100 all purpose yards last week, and he is facing a Lions defense at home who is just going through the motions. I have a similar problem with my second receiver. I plugged in Koren Robinson two weeks ago, and he has been very steady. However, just like Bennett, he faces a tough matchup against the Ravens. I do have Toomer, but I am not real happy with his match-up against the Redskins, who are in the top half in passing defense. There is one pick up that I can make that does intrigue me, and that is Derrick Mason. This is a guy that has 800 yards receiving with two of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. Boller looks like something clicking tonight in this offense, but the problem is he's clicking mostly with Todd Heap. Mason has three catches for about 50 yards. They are playing Minnesota who is 25th in pass defense. I may not make my mind up until Friday.

Texas Holdem Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 7330476

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?